Career Workshop #7
Sell your ideas and achieve win-win agreement
Achieve a win-win agreement in a sales negotiation by:
- building credibility and a good relationship with customers,
- analyzing the positions of both sides, and
- presenting effective solutions with mutual benefits.
Main topics covered in the course:
- Effective Negotiation
- 3 criteria of an effective negotiation
- 4 principles of a win-win negotiation
- 3 influencing skills to build credibility and a long-term customer relationship
- Preparation Stage of a Negotiation
- Assessing objectives of both parties
- Identifying the 5 financial needs of both parties
- Assessing the BATNA (Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement)
- Generating possible options to develop a range of positions
- Evaluating the authority, expertise and credibility of both parties; and determining relevant tactics
- Discussion Stage of a Negotiation
- 3 ways to maintain relationships: accurate perception / appropriate emotion / clear communication
- Active listening skills to stop communication blocks and build mutual understanding
Angela is a seasoned training professional with a strong background in finance and commerce. She comes with a wealth of work experience in Australia and Hong Kong, at large corporations like the HSBC, Standard Chartered Bank and DBS Bank.
Her last job role was the regional head of a training function for 15,000 employees. In 2000, the training project led by her at the Standard Chartered Bank won the Gold Prize in the Award for Excellence in Training Competition organised by HKMA.
Angela set up her own consultancy InsideOut Training in 2007, and developed the Soft Skills Series that has been launched for employees of many corporations and government departments in Hong Kong, Macau and China. She has also taught Strategic HR Management at the Deakin University of Australia for 2 years.
Angela has a Bachelor of Business and an MSc in Training & Human Resource Management. She is also a Certified Practising Accountant of CPA Australia and holds the qualification of International Investment Advice awarded by the Securities Institute of UK.
Angela is an accredited trainer for the following international programs / professional institutions:
Think On Your Feet ®
MBTI ® Type Assessment
Everything DiSC ® Personality Assessment
DDI leadership programs
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People ®
The Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accounts
The Hong Kong Institution of Engineers