Career Workshop #10
Engage team members to achieve project results
We need to lead or participate in various projects in the workplace. To achieve a better result for each project, we can follow the effective 4-phase fundamental process of project management presented in this workshop. Applying the skills learned from the workshop, you will be able to:
- set project objectives in line with key stakeholders’ needs and expectations;
- improve collaboration with project members with better communication and tasks planning; and
- monitor project progress effectively to ensure achievement of results.
Main topics covered in the course:
- Initiate the project by setting the project scope, acquiring the resources, and developing a communication plan
- Plan the project with a work breakdown structure (WBS), scheduling tools and tactics to manage 4 risk areas
- Control project execution through 3 devices to monitor progress, 6 performance reporting tools and 6 tips for making the most of team members
- Close the project by using 3 key factors to evaluate project performance
Angela is a seasoned training professional with a strong background in finance and commerce. She comes with a wealth of work experience in Australia and Hong Kong, at large corporations like the HSBC, Standard Chartered Bank and DBS Bank.
Her last job role was the regional head of a training function for 15,000 employees. In 2000, the training project led by her at the Standard Chartered Bank won the Gold Prize in the Award for Excellence in Training Competition organised by HKMA.
Angela set up her own consultancy InsideOut Training in 2007, and developed the Soft Skills Series that has been launched for employees of many corporations and government departments in Hong Kong, Macau and China. She has also taught Strategic HR Management at the Deakin University of Australia for 2 years.
Angela has a Bachelor of Business and an MSc in Training & Human Resource Management. She is also a Certified Practising Accountant of CPA Australia and holds the qualification of International Investment Advice awarded by the Securities Institute of UK.
Angela is an accredited trainer for the following international programs / professional institutions:
Think On Your Feet ®
MBTI ® Type Assessment
Everything DiSC ® Personality Assessment
DDI leadership programs
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People ®
The Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accounts
The Hong Kong Institution of Engineers